Bandsaw – Technology – Thincutting band saw
Thincutting band saw – Small saw kerf, high precision
Thincutting band saws are designed for highly precise production of high-value products, i.e. parquet lamellas, strips for floorboards, door components, saw-cut veener, pencil timber, parts for music instruments.
Thincutting band saw PRECISION CUT
High precision sawing
Even thin products are sawn highly precise with a very small kerf.
This high precision cut is guaranteed by:
- Precise sawblade tensioning and special crowning of the wheels
- Innovative sawblade guiding
- Adjustment of high precision infeed devices in steps of 1/100 mm
- Saw kerf from only 1,2 up to 1,6 mm with cutting speed between 7 and 40 m/min (depending on type and humidity of timber and cutting width)
- Economic consumption of raw material despite high feed speeds
- Long saw blade life contributes to low running costs
Thincutting band saws may be operated as a stand-alone unit with manual infeed. However, normally the feeding is done automatically and the timber is processed by several machines in line.
- Max. timber height: 400 mm
- Feed speed: 7 till 40 m/min frequency controlled
- Saw kerf: 1,2 till 1,6 mm
- Cutting tolerance: +/-0,1 up to +/- 0,2 mm
Other bandsaw technologies